Saturday, March 10, 2012

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - All Around the Town

Our next (and final) shoot location was actually one of the reasons that we picked our photographer. When we were doing our initial "photographer" interviews, we always made sure to question what some of their ideas were for a winter wedding couple shoot location. In the spring and summer, it's easy to find a garden, or some beautiful outdoor location because the world looks at it's best. We wanted to know that the photographer we hired would be as creative and enthusiastic about photos that could potentially be taken with snow on the ground and a chill in the air. 

When he said "Another idea would be to take some photos in your city's downtown..." I was sold. No one else had seemed enthusiastic about the idea of some outdoor shots in the winter. And, not knowing what the weather would bring, we wanted people who would not only be enthusiastic, but at their best. Plus, the idea of a "in the middle of town" photoshoot just seemed too creative and good to pass up on!

Well, anyway, out of all that intro came this...


We took some glamour shots with my uncle's car. We just couldn't get enough of how beautiful that car was!

                            


And of course a shot of the bride! (I look so tired because my feet were KILLING me at this point. I just wanted to change into my comfortable dancing shoes!)

Then it was on to DOWNTOWN with our bridal party!


Tell me that isn't a great shot. Go on. I dare you. (Oh, and if you're wondering, yes those are the headlights of an oncoming car... not everyone is sympathetic to bridal party trying to get their photo shoot on! Kinda gives the photo a dramatic look though, no?)


My Mother-In-Law said this photo looks like we're on the set of a movie. I have to agree with her :).


Why yes, that is our bridal party heckling us as Mishka and I kiss ;).


The infamous SHOE SHOT!!! It had to be done, not only because shoe shots are awesome in their own right, but also because in the years to come, I don't know if anyone will believe the variety of shoes that my bridesmaids were wearing. We have strappy high heels, sparkly stilettos, Toms, and silvery flats. Hey, my girls wanted to be comfortable and or fashionable and wore shoes accordingly.


Pure fun :).


I think we both look a bit haggard in this photo. We were beginning to be "done" with having our photos taken....


But we still manage to pull ourselves together and get a little lovey ;).


Hee hee, I like this picture because it kindof looks like Mishka is trying to get under my skirt. So silly...


Next Up: Formal Family Portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment