Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Mother Son & Father Daughter

Right after the first dance came the parent dances. My dad and I chose "Unforgettable" as our dance. Unlike Mishka and my dance, my dad and I just took it slow. 



But that doesn't mean we weren't joking around the whole time! (I swear, a smile never left my face that whole day)


Afterwards, it was time for Mishka to take the floor with his mom. 


They were so adorable :). Mishka says he was laughing because his mom was so surprised that he knew how to lead. 





I was glowing watching them the entire time they were dancing.


I know, this was a short one. But, the parent dances are such an important moment. I know dancing with his daughters at our weddings has been a dream of my dads since we were born and I'm sure my MIL had similar feelings with regards to Mishka. It's another way of wishing your children well as they enter an exciting new chapter of their lives. It's a way to support them and show your love in a moment shared by all of your nearest and dearest. Or at least, that's what it meant to us.

Next Up: The Toasts

No comments:

Post a Comment