Friday, October 21, 2011

Wedding Almanac

So, like every bride I've been wondering what the weather is going to be like on the day of our wedding. We're still too far out for me to find any answers on weather.com (my usual go to site), but I did make an attempt to find out what I could from the Farmer's Almanac. The online farmer's almanac that is.

Even the farmer's almanac couldn't give me specifics about what they expect for New Year's Eve 2011, but they did give me the news that there's a more than fair chance there will snow on the ground:

"Winter will be drier than normal, with near-normal temperatures but above-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid-December and early and mid-February. The snowiest periods will be in mid-December to mid- and late January, and late February."

So if the Farmer's Almanac gets it right, we're going to have some snow this December. How much will fall? How much will accumulate? How long will it last? I don't have the answers to any of these questions... I guess I'll have to wait until the middle of December to find out the snow situation.

As always, will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment