Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dress Envy? Not me! Part 1

I have a confession to make: I tried on dresses after I bought my wedding dress. I had several reasons for doing this:

1. I knew my sister K felt left out that she hadn't been there during my initial dress trying on session. She had mentioned several times that she would have come if she knew it was going to be my only trip. So I thought it would be nice to have a second trip with her included.

2. I had really enjoyed trying on wedding dresses because it was one of the first times I really felt like a bride. Putting on those white dresses had a much more profound affect than I realized. And, since I was going to a place where I could take pictures, I was happy I would be able to have those memories of dress trying on.

3. Don't judge, but I wanted to have some wedding dress pictures that I could show Mishka. I wanted to give him a hint of what it will look like when I'm walking down the aisle. I asked him ahead of time if he'd be willing to see me in dresses that were not like my wedding dress and he said he would.

Without further ado, here's a few of my favorite shots (and Mishka's picks):


This was my favorite dress. I think it looked fantastic on and was also extremely comfortable. Mishka loved it to, but I'm not sure it was his favorite.


This was my favorite dress, but I'm not sure it looked as great on me as the other one. We referred to it as the "belle" dress because we thought it looked like the white version of the dress Belle wore in Beauty and the Beast. This was one of Mishka's front runners. He liked the poofy ballroom dresses a lot more than he thought he would :).

This was my mom's pick. I am wearing a size 16 which is nowhere near right for me, but when the woman used the clips (which was long after this picture was taken) the dress looked MUCH better than it does here. This was not one of Mishka's favorites, but I think he would have liked it if he had seen it clipped right.

This is another one of Mishka's favorites. He loved the floral ruffled skirt, though we both acknowledged it made me look a bit hippy.

And I hated this dress but Mishka LOVES this picture (not dress, the picture with me talking and gesturing). Can't imagine why...

No comments:

Post a Comment