Monday, September 26, 2011

Everybody Loves Recaps

Or, at least I do.

I'll admit that I have never been a weddingbee girl. Though the forums did prove useful for some honeymoon help and invitation etiquette advice, I've never really caught the "forum fever". However, in recent days, the weddingbee blogs have been up almost constantly on my computer. The reason for this? Guaranteed recaps. In fact, I can even search "recaps" and filter their blog posts down to just the things I'm interested in reading :-D.

Why am I so interested in recaps you might ask? Well, I'm at the point in the wedding planning that every bride gets to, where they've been working for months and months and months and you're really ready for the big day! But... the big day's not here yet. Reading recaps is like a vicarious "the wedding day is here" thrill. It fills me with the rush of excitement, the joyful tears, and the wide smiles that I'm sure I'll have on my own wedding day (though in exponentially larger amounts).

I've even reread the wedding recap I wrote of my FSIL's wedding, as short as it is. It's a particularly fun wedding to recall as I was actually there, and actually experienced the ceremony, the love, and the dancing (heck, I even caught the bouquet!). I wish she had done her own prolonged recaps so I could draw out the thrill ;), but I take what I can get.

They make me more excited than ever to eventually write my own recaps. I want to record everything I can remember from the wedding so that years and years in the future, I will have my wedding story to read. Because even if it's only one day, I want the memory to last my whole lifetime.

But seriously... Why isn't it December yet!?

No comments:

Post a Comment