Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Get Your Dancing Shoes On!

My wedding shoes are beautiful, classy, and... well... 5 inch heels.

I love them to death, but I can't honestly see myself dancing all night in them. And I'm reluctant to take my shoes off and dance barefoot for two reasons. First of all, I did that at FSIL Katerina and her husband S's wedding and, by the end of the dancing section my feet were stained black and KILLING ME. Granted that didn't stop me from dancing at the time, but by the time I got back to my hotel room I could barely walk. And I still had to shower to get my feet back to normal color. Obviously this is not the way I want to spend my wedding night so that plan is out.

The other reason I don't want to go barefoot is that my dress is a little long on me when I'm not wearing heals. It would be dragging on the floor all night. Which rules out both going barefoot and wearing flats.

So it became clear that I needed to buy another pair of shoes for the reception, and that this pair of shoes needed to be both comfortable and have a bit of a heel. Seems an oxymoron no?

Well then you've never worn an Aeropastale! I have a few shoes by them, and I have to say that they consistently make beautiful heels that are not a pain to walk in. So, while my mom, sisters and I were in New York enjoying my day off from work, we decided to drop in on Aeropastale to see what there was to see. We didn't necessarily think we'd find something, but they were having a clearance sale and the prices were too good to pass up.

Well, I found something all right!
Now I know what you're thinking. Brown? Honestly though, they'll be hidden by my long gown and... I don't really care that they're not white. I think the brown looks gorgeous on my foot and I'll be able to wear this shoe for a long time after my wedding, whereas a white shoe would be more limited.

And the best part? I decided to wear them out of the store as we walked (ended up running) to the train station and not a blister in sight. If I can run 2 miles of New York City in these shoes without destroying my feet, I can certainly dance the night away at my wedding.

Another thing checked off the to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment