Monday, September 19, 2011

Family Talents

I've been told time and again that if people want to help you with your wedding planning, try to use their talents. Up until this point, I think I've been doing a pretty good job of that.

My sister C is great with music and makes our family newsletter every year so she's been tasked with creating our wedding program and helping compile a list of songs to play during our "d.j." period.

My sister G is the most organized person I've ever met and she's been an amazing help planning and organizing tasks for me (as well as helping my mom with my super secret bridal shower ;) ).

My mom knows more than I ever will about weddings and is always there with advice and to come with me to any appointments that Mishka cannot because of work.

And now my dad has even found a way to contribute to my wedding planning. Something that he's super excited about and will be able to put his own personal touch on. You see, he's a wine guy. A real wine connoisseur. And so, for a discount on our food and alcohol, my dad has arranged to supply our venue with wine for our reception. He's even customizing his own wine list based on my menu so that each meal pairs well with what will be available.

He's even including a surprise for my future MIL ;). I know she'll love it, but I'll let exactly what it is be a surprise for her (since I know you read my blog).

I can't tell you how touched I am that he decided to do this for us, and it is also great to see how excited he is. He even woke me up early one morning just to confirm some choices on my menu :). Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment