Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flowers. We Finally Got Around to You.

In my previous post about wedding wedding colors I mentioned some things about flowers and boutonnieres and my bouquet. Well the reason I know all that stuff is because we've finalized our flowers (for the most part).

So I don't spoil all the decor for the blog readers before the wedding day, I'll just give you a peek at our attendant flowers. None of this is exact so hopefully readers will still be wowed by everything day of.

First of all, our Bridesmaid bouquets:


The bouquet is calla lilies with gold beaded stems strewn throughout to give the bouquets the gold accent I mentioned before. Our flower girl, instead of dropping flower petals, since this is not allowed by our church, will have the same bouquet (but a little smaller) with a big gold ribbon tying it together.

To go along with the bridesmaids, our groomsmen will be wearing calla lily boutonnieres:

They will also have some golden beaded embellishments. Bogdan will have a white rose with a more pronounced gold embellishment.

And finally, there's the breathtaking color palette that is my bridal bouquet.


That last picture is a sort of approximation of what my bouquet might look like. It's stargazer lilies and dark roses, but I'm not sure if they're the right shade of red. Also the picture quality isn't that great.

But anyway, if you remember what my bridesmaid dresses look like, you'll remember that they are all in very bright colors. That is why, for the bridesmaid bouquets, we decided to keep them all in white and save the striking colors for my bouquet which would only have to stand out against the ivory white of my gown. I think it was a good call because I can tell you that finding colorful flowers to match bright pink and bright blue? Not an easy find...




No comments:

Post a Comment