Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hand Binding

While we're on the subject of wedding colors, there are a few other colors I feel we should mention. In a previous post I talked about the Ukrainian (and Celtic) tradition of hand-binding. While we will be doing it in accordance with the traditions of Ukrainian Catholicism, we will be incorporating the Celtic standard of using colored ribbons, each with a different blessing for one's married life:

Pink: unity, romance and joy

Blue: patience and devotion

Brown: grounding and home

Gold: prosperity, wisdom and longevity


Red: passion and strength

I love how many different parts of our ceremony will be filled with symbolism. Every second of our wedding will be filled with love and meaning as created by Mishka and myself. I could not be happier with how it's turning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment