Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ang the Hostess

If there's one thing I've learned from the wedding planning, it's that I love planning. And specifically, I love planning parties.

I suppose the realization of my love of party planning does not come directly from wedding planning. I mentioned before that I planned FSIL Katerina's bridal shower last year. It was an awesome experience, and instilled in me the love of party-planning. Not just big parties, like weddings, but small dinner parties too.

So, I've been super excited about hosting my first real dinner party- the bridesmaid get together I mentioned in a past post. And, though there are probably wedding related things I should be focusing on, I can't help but think about the smaller party only two weeks away.

And so, I recently came up with my rough draft of the menu! Wanna hear? There's 4 rounds to the murder mystery game, and there should be a course to match each one so here it goes:

Cocktails:
Chips & Salsa
Sangria or Porch Swing (still deciding)
Fruity Iced Tea or Unsweetened Iced Tea

Appetizers:
Pigs in a Blanket
Coconut Bread
Empanadas?

Main Course:
Macaroni & Cheese
Stuffed Pork Loin
Baked Regular and Sweet Potatoes
Salad (type TBD)

Dessert:
Homemade Ice Cream (type TBD)
Strawberry Brown Butter Betty's
Coconut Rice Pudding

This party is gonna be off the hook! (Reference to Arrested Development if you've seen the show)

No comments:

Post a Comment