Friday, February 4, 2011

My First Wedding Nightmare... sortof

I'll admit that I was reading wedding blogs long before I was engaged, and there was one theme which frequently came up on all of them: The Wedding Nightmare. It's your wedding day and the wrong groom is there, your dress is missing, and so is your mom. Or the party is going terribly and all your guests walk out complaining.

Or, in my case the reception begins and the venue comes over to say they accidentally let all the food go bad, so there is nothing to eat. I immediately get pissed and a little bit scared, before my mom and I discuss it and arrange for a restaurant to deliver some food to us on the fly.

So, I guess it wasn't really a "Nightmare" in the traditional sense since there was a solution found to the problem within the dream itself. And I remember thinking that they always say SOMETHING has to go wrong on your wedding day. So I took a deep breath and acknowledged that if we could get through this, that the rest of the reception would go fine.

Though I would never have expected it, this "nightmare" gives me hope that my wedding is going to be great. I was definitely afraid that if something big went wrong I would let it ruin my special moment, but if I can let go in a dream, I can let go in real life. Does that logic make sense? Maybe not, but it's still comforting to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment