Friday, February 25, 2011

Mishka the Wedding Planner

Mishka is not a decisive person. He is very relaxed and easy-going and so most of the time whatever I pick works for him. For instance, the "ang's choice" dinner dictatorship I am now running. I cook, Mishka eats. It's that simple. The same has been true of our wedding planning.

He of course has had a lot of thoughts when I ask for them, but what it usually comes down to is "Whatever you want ang." In fact, this happens even more often than usual because whenever I ask for his thoughts, he always says "Ang, all I want is for at the end of the day, for us to be married. So pick whatever you want."

This may sound like the perfect arrangement for a very decisive bride. However, I am not a very decisive person either (one of the few things Mishka and I have in common). And all that freedom can be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I just want to shake Mishka and tell him to make up an opinion just to give me some guidance :-P.

However, I have to admit that the whole wedding planning process has been a great exercise in making decisions. I'm realizing quickly that, as much as I hate to make decisions, I do have a lot of opinions. My hesitancy to make decisions is more a reflection of my inability to truly ask for what I want. So, in a lot of ways, the freedom Mishka's easy-going personality affords me, has been very healthy for me.

So, while I don't know if it was Mishka's original intention (it probably was since he knows me better than I know myself sometimes), but his indecisive, easy-going nature has actually been a boon to our wedding planning, and to me personally.

So, thank you Mishka! And I can't wait to marry you either <3

No comments:

Post a Comment