Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Love My Dress

THIS POST IS NOT SAFE FOR MISHKAS! MISHKA DISTRACT YOURSELF WITH THE ADORABLE TEDDY BEAR UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD IT'S SAFE!!!!
I know I already wrote a post about how my second wedding dress shopping experience, only reconfirmed my love of my dress, but I just thought I'd dedicate a post to not only my dress, but my entire "wedding day look". I still don't know what my make-up will look like (except similar to my bridesmaid make-up from FSIL Katerina's wedding), and I'm not sure what Jewelry I'll be wearing, but that doesn't mean I don't have a little bit more than just my dress picked out!

I'll reiterate a few things from my wedding dress post. My dress is a ballroom gown, strapless, with three beaded embellishment belts across the bodice. The neckline is sweetheart and there are buttons that go all the way down the back of the dress as well as down the very modest train. The skirt is not embellished in any way, other than the buttons, but I think it's elegant simplicity is very beautiful.

But you've already heard about my wedding dress? What about these other things I mentioned? Well.. have you heard about my veil? It's AMAZING! It's cathedral length, even longer than the train of my dress (but not by much). And there are silvery sequined embellishments down the sides of the veil which will cover the simple train of the dress and make it sparkle :). I never wanted a veil when I was younger. I didn't see the point. Then Mishka said he thought the idea of lifting the blusher to see my face at the altar was incredibly romantic and I reconsidered my prejudices. And now? I'm basically as excited about my veil as I am about my dress. Never saw that one coming...

And I don't know if you've heard this... but my mom always told me that when a bride takes her veil off she looks "unfinished". This is why, in her own wedding pictures, she is wearing her hat with a veil down the back all throughout the reception and dancing. But obviously, I cannot wear a cathedral length veil all day (although I would if I could). It's just not practical. So instead, I'll be wearing a crystal belt as a headband.

I will admit that at first I was afraid to love my dress. Like REALLY love it. I always knew it was a great dress: comfortable, warm, looked great on me. But now, I can't wait to try it on again. I'm itching for the chance to show my bridesmaid what I look like in it. I've actually found that with most of the things I love the most (be it people or possessions), the love has to grow on me.

So now I can't wait for two Saturdays from today when I can (hopefully) show all my bridesmaids my amazing dress and try it on for them during our bridesmaid dress fitting. I cannot WAIT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a cathedral veil! When did you pick it out? I don't think you mentioned it before! I can't wait to see you in it :)

    ReplyDelete