Monday, February 7, 2011

Old Hollywood Glamor

Does it ever seem like everyone and their sister is having old Hollywood glamor as their wedding theme? And that's not to say I am against it, because old Hollywood made some of my favorite movies of all time. And if you're not going for a princess look, the 1940s had some of the most beautiful actresses ever in some of the most gorgeous/over-the-top costumes ever created.

I was thinking of doing old Hollywood glamor for a while as my theme, but decided to let a theme evolve from what we were doing. Good thing to because a Hollywood glamor New Years Eve party might have been a bit much.

BUT that doesn't mean I may not try to incorporate one bit of old Hollywood into my special day (warning, this is going to be another hair style post... I know I do a lot of these).

From the day I first grew hair I was told I looked like Veronica Lake. Particularly since when I don't have bangs, my hair is always falling over one eye in her traditional "peek-a-boo bang". Not thinking of the internet as a resource for many years, it wasn't until I saw a film with her in it that I noticed there is something of a resemblance.



We're certainly not identical twins, but her high prominent cheek-bones, oval face shape, and full lips do encompass some of my facial features as well. So if she could wear the glamorous crimped peek-a-boo bang, why can't I?

I know I've given a lot of hairstyle possibilities and no, this is not "the hairstyle" for sure, but I'm enjoying exploring my options since I rarely do anything special with my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment