Monday, February 28, 2011

Gentlemen (and Angels)! Start. Your. Ceremonies!

I feel like I say I'm excited about everything. If I were to rename this blog "the excited bride" would be a good name for me no? But believe me when I say I am SUPREMELY excited about starting to pull together our ceremony.

I did a post in the past about one of the nuptial blessing possibilities that I found when I was looking through my parents' old wedding program. That will definitely be a part of our ceremony, but there's a lot more to a ceremony than just the nuptial blessing!

So sometime this week Mishka and I will be sitting down together to look over a few ceremony reading possibilities. I definitely have a few favorites, but I want to get Mishka's thoughts on them.

I used to be a little sad that I would not be able to pick whatever readings I wanted, be they poems, or quotes from books, but now I don't feel that way at all. If you've ever read the bible, you know that it contains some of the most beautiful poetry ever written (I'm not speaking bias from the point of view of a Catholic, I'm talking from the point of view of an English major who has actually studied the bible as literature). And, surprisingly, there were a number of readings that expressed exactly the way I feel about Mishka, and exactly what I want to express to our guests about our marriage.

I would love to eventually share our whole ceremony script with you here, but I think I'll save which readings I'm using for a surprise since the only people who read this blog are going to be guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment