Thursday, February 24, 2011

Grooms Cake?

I know I've talked a lot about the traditions I'm super excited about, but this is one Mishka and I will be skipping.

It's not that I don't like the idea of having something special to surprise Mishka with on the say of the wedding, or of the rehearsal, but if I decide to do something, a groom's cake will not be it. This is for several reasons:

1. I do not like cake. I will eat, and hopefully enjoy our wedding cake, but if I'm going to surprise Mishka with some delicious food-type product, it's going to be something that we can both enjoy together. Especially if it's on our wedding day, or the day before.

2. Actually putting operation: hot cake (reference to Arrested Development if any of you watch the show) into action could be more difficult than it at first appears. I am not good at keeping secrets/surprises from Mishka because he can read my face like a book (sometimes it's actually kind of scary). Also, FSIL Katerina decided to go the surprise groom's cake route, and I know it caused some stressful moments at the rehearsal dinner. I'm not saying that a groom's cake would necessarily cause stress, but it would be one more thing to think about/consider when I already have a lot on my mind.

3. Perhaps most important of all, Mishka and I talked about it, and he doesn't really want one. He loves dessert food of all kinds, but believes that his mind will be so on our sure-to-be-delicious wedding cake, that any other cake would pale in comparison.

So there you have it. We will not be having a groom's cake. And, maybe you were interested maybe you weren't, you also know why. I think the groom's cake can be a fun, whimsical tradition for some couples. I thought FSIL Katerina's inscription "Come Travel With Me" on her's was incredibly romantic and touching. Unfortunately, it's just not right for Mishka and me.

1 comment:

  1. Lol it only caused stress because of a certain someone's bad attitude! I'm sure you won't have that kind of stress at your wedding :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of groom surprise you come up with!

    ReplyDelete