Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bridal Shower Mystery

I'm not good at surprises. I LOVE them, but as soon as I know there's one coming I have an overwhelming urge to snoop.

So when my mom told me that bridal showers are traditionally surprises, I immediately felt my detective senses tingling. So far I've been able to ignore my snoop opportunities, but I'm probably going to need Mishka's help to keep me strong. Actually, he loves to tease me when he has a surprise for me, so he might just use any bridal shower knowledge to torture me rather than help me :-P.

Anyway, I am SO excited for my eventual bridal shower-whenever the date may be. I actually planned one for my FSIL and Bridesmaid Katerina last year. I even wrote a guest post on her blog about it. I won't say it was easy (easier than planning a wedding though!), but it was also a LOT of fun. And the bridal shower itself was a huge success.

I remember Katerina's face. She didn't stop glowing from the moment she entered the restaurant. There was so much love and support for her that day, it was palpable. And everyone was getting along so well that though I had a bunch of games planned, but only one real game was played. And afterwards, the more intimate boat tour of NYC harbor (planned by Katerina and S to spoil their hardworking bridal party) was a great bonding experience for the bridesmaids who were meeting face to face for the first time. If I'm half as happy at the end of my bridal shower as Katerina seemed at the end of hers, I'll consider myself one lucky bride-to-be!

But since we're on the subject, I'll name a few things I'm 99% sure will be a part of my surprise bridal party.

1. Kitchen Appliance gifts
I love to cook and this would be a great opportunity to get some funky kitchen gadgets I wouldn't buy for myself otherwise. Again, I could be wrong, but I could definitely see my mom getting me an ice cream maker or a canning machine (I can't wait to make my own jams!).

2. Lingerie
Katerina had a honeymoon themed shower and so there were a lot of "intimate-wear" gifts. I wouldn't be surprised if Katerina, or one of my saucier aunts provided me with some gifts more suited to private environments ;). And that's just fine by me! Though again, I could be totally off since many of female family members in attendance will be 40+.

3. A "how well do you know your fiance" game. If you followed the link to my guest post, you'll find that I did one for Katerina and it was a ton of fun! I know Katerina said she wanted to reciprocate at my shower, but I'm sure the day will be amazing no matter what games are played (or even if no games are played at all!).

I'll stop playing guessing games now. You probably won't here anymore about this topic until you get the recap since thinking about my shower too much will only make me more likely to want to snoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment